Skip to content
rhashemian's profile

New problem solver

• 

12 Messages

Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 12:00 PM

ipv6

considering that comcast is part of the ipv6 launch today, are you offering ipv6 to static ip customers? just curious

New Contributor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

@rxtxlabs wrote:

The SMCD3G in its retail version has IPv6 support, as well as a number of other features (VPN termination, SNMP access) that are removed in the Comcast version of the firmware for this device. Will Comcast be remotely upgrading these devices to newer firmware to enable IPv6 and will any additional functionality be enabled?

Hello rxtxlabs,

I am replying serially to this thread, very sorry for the delayed reply.  The short answer to your question is we will be remotely upgrade the SMC D3G CCR with firmware that is IPv6 capable.  I also recently posted some updates on www.comcast6.net.  Please check out our IPv6 information portal, we will be posting more updates there over the next few weeks.

John

New Contributor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

@Comcast_John wrote:

jonrusho, welcome to the Forum.  I have updated the Product Management Team with your request.

Thank you

Hello jonrusho,

I replied earlier in this thread, please check www.comcast6.net for some news that was posted this week.

Sincerely,

John

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

What's the outlook for getting ipv6 reverse DNS?  I've had to disable ipv6 on my mail server because some services (notably gmail) are requiring reverse lookups.