Skip to content
awahid's profile

New Contributor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, February 11th, 2021 3:00 PM

Dual Stack Process IPv4 and IPv6

In order for Comcast Modem (Cisco or Arris) to support Dual Stack Routing, do we need to upgrade the processing memory for the modems.

Dual Stack routing is not encouraged in most products unless there is enough memory to handle the processing power.

I have been having issues with dual stack routing and at times i see the modem tends to get slow.

Problem solver

• 

43 Messages

3 years ago

Hello and Happy Thursday! I hope you’re having a great week so far! I also appreciate you taking a moment out of your day to reach out to us on our Community Business Forums! You’ve reached the best place and perfect person to help with virtually all of your account needs! Going forward, our Business class modems definitely support both IPv4 and IPv6 routing simultaneously so there really shouldn't be a use case for any memory processing upgrades required however, are you having issues with packet loss or speed on all connected devices? You're also welcome to send us a private message by clicking my name "ComcastJosephW" then select "Send a Message" on the right side with your name and service address so we can take a closer look at the equipment from the backend. Thanks again for both your time and patience!