Skip to content
U

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, November 11th, 2022 3:46 PM

CGA4332COM not sending Router Advertisements

I'm having problems getting IPv6 working on my Technicolor CGA4332COM router which is in static passthrough mode. I have 5 static IPv4 addresses and a static IPv6 and my router is set up with Bridge Mode disabled.

The CGA4332COM router should be sending Router Advertisement packets out to connected devices, but using Wireshark/tcpdump shows that there are no RA packets coming from the router.  I have tried both IPv6 Address Assignment with Stateless(Auto-Config) enabled (it can't be unchecked) and also with Stateful(Use Dhcp Server) checked.
I suspect that since the Router Advertisements aren't working that it's causing DHCP6-PD not to work in my pfSense firewall.  DHCP6-PD should give me a /59 prefix which it doesn't.  I've read other posts from users that were able to get DHCP6-PD working with a similar setup as mine.

I suspect if we get RA's working (and stateless) then maybe DHCP6-PD will work and we'll get a /59 prefix and we can follow all the other guides online.

We have turned SecurityEdge off for our account.

How can I get the router to start sending out RAs?

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

hey @user_a8958d I would love to help and appreciate you making us aware. Please send us a peer to peer message. 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary 

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right corner

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there 

• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list 

• - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line 

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 

• Press Enter to send it

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Fixed by doing a factory reset of the CGA4332COM.  Not sure why it stopped working.

Official Employee

• 

49 Messages

That's awesome! Should I cancel the tech support ticket and list this issue as now resolved?