Skip to content
gstanley79's profile

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

Wednesday, January 15th, 2014 2:00 PM

cg3000dcr, No IPv6 address for IPv6 trial

I just activated a Netgear cg3000dcr but I have no IPv6 addresses coming from the modem. Am I doing something wrong?

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

11 years ago

Can someone forward/ask the IPv6 team about this? 

Occasional Visitor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

I just spoke with Comcast about this. The answer seems to be, sit tight.

I'm in Houston, which supposedly has rolled out IPv6. http://www.comcast6.net/ indicates that my CMTS supports IPv6. I had my new Netgear CG3000DCR modem installed last week, and it supports IPv6. But the modem does not have an IPv6 address.

I did try connecting my MacBook Pro directly to the cable modem to see if Comcast is still limiting IPv6 access to a single computer. I wasn't able to pick up an IPv6 address using the stateless auto-configuration or DHCP v6. 

I don't think the Comcast representative I spoke with was fully briefed on IPv6 status. She knew what it was in general and what Comcast was doing with it in general, even pointing out that business phone users are all using IPv6 behind the scenes, but she wasn't able to determine whether I should or should not be getting IPv6, and she couldn't seem to find anything that indicated whether that was something they could turn on or off for my account.

The conclusion: as soon as it's available for us to get, we'll get it automatically. In the meantime, He.net it is.

Problem solver

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

@gozoinks wrote:

I'm in Houston, which supposedly has rolled out IPv6. http://www.comcast6.net/ indicates that my CMTS supports IPv6. I had my new Netgear CG3000DCR modem installed last week, and it supports IPv6. But the modem does not have an IPv6 address.

I did try connecting my MacBook Pro directly to the cable modem to see if Comcast is still limiting IPv6 access to a single computer. I wasn't able to pick up an IPv6 address using the stateless auto-configuration or DHCP v6. 

Yep that area supports IPv6 for residential, as of right now we don't support IPv6 for commercial..  We are currently in trials for commercial only at this time..

Problem solver

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

@gstanley79 wrote:

Can someone forward/ask the IPv6 team about this? 

I will send you a PM here shortly, we have to activate the modem for IPv6..  But we have to wait till it is online to activate it..