Skip to content
Espangler's profile

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, February 28th, 2018 9:00 AM

Wireless Password

I have a Cisco DPC3941B Comcast Business Gateway wireless router.  I am having issues with the router inserting the backslash character into my wireless network password when I use special characters such as !@#$%...etc.  Depending on the characters I use determines the number of backslash characters inserted.  I tried everything I could think of to not have the backslash inserted into my network password.  The only solution I could find was not to have special characters in my network password. Is there anyone else using this router that is having the same issue?  If so, what did you use to resolve the issue?

Comcast recently replaced my gateway router due to a product recall.   The old gateway router started doing the same thing shortly before  Comcast replaced it.  The Comcast install technician said he had seen this on another customers modem and was not sure why the modem was inserting the backslash character.  The install technician said he would report the issue.  I have not heard anything back from Comcast on a resolution.  I have had this gateway router about a month and I recently had to change the password to another password and then back in order for wireless devices to connect to my network.  This happens on both 2.4 and 5.0 GHz frequencies.  Any help would be appreciated.

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hi  Espangler and welcome to the business forums.

Looking into the Comcast Business leased gateway, the current security mode on it requires a hex character password: ABCDEF0123456789 or the lower-case equivalent. I hope this helps with your question. Please let me know if you need anything.