Skip to content
yegle's profile

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, September 14th, 2014 3:00 PM

What's Netgear CG3000DCR's *EXTERNAL* login username/password?

Hi all,

I just noticed that my cable moden have 8080 and 8181 port open. The 8080 port is a web service which shows a login page.

The page looks like the internal gateway login page, except my username/password doesn't work.

Can someone please explain to me what's the EXTERNAL login page's username/password?

Since I'm using a static IP address I'm really frightened by this. Not to mention the 8181 port which I have no idea what it used for.

To give you an example please try visit [ Edited ] This poor user didn't change his default cusadmin/highspeed login credential but luckily this account doesn't allow remote login.

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello yegle and welcome,

To log into your modem just connect any computer to a NG3K LanPorts 1-4 Enet interconnect, then bring up browser and go to 10.1.10.1 and use your username=cusadmin, password=highspeed. 

Hope this helps you out.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

869 Messages

10 years ago

Hello yegle,

VBSSP-RICH is correct Comcast technical representatives do have a special administrative login facility but this is only accessible by Comcast employees with a special password that changes every 24 hours to help insure security. At this time there is also not a supported function for customer based external login facility to the Comcast Gateway. If you have any further questions please feel free to let us know. Thank you

VBSSP-RICH thank you again for your post!

Accepted Solution

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I guess I'll be safe, until someone write a daily password generator.

[Edited]

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Hi VBSSP-RICH,

No you don't understand my question. I know the INTERNAL login username/password (the router gateway IP address and port 80). I'm asking for the EXTERNAL login username/password (your external IP address and port 8080.)

Judging from your reply I guess you don't know your router have an EXTERNAL accessible login page and a seperate username/password? I suggest you do a nmap to scan your public IP address 😞

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

10 years ago

dont have an answer for you, but I have been curious about this as well. it almost seems as if its a special administrative login page, perhaps for CSRs.

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hi yegle,

You are correct, I am not aware of any customer based external login facility to an Comcast Gateway. Comcast technical representatives do have a special administrative login facility but this is only accessible by Comcast employees.