Skip to content
tbbm's profile

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, March 4th, 2015 12:00 PM

Web Portal - True Bridge Mode

This may have been asked previously, but...

Ever since changing to true bridge mode, I'm not able to access the webportal for my modem. I had previously set the LAN to have a static IP address. When I plug my laptop directly into the modem and manually configure the network connection's IP address to fit that same schema, I had assumed it would work. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to do the trick. Is there something I'm missting with this?

Thanks

Brenda

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello again tbbm,

When you put any industry standard Internet Gateway (IG) in "True Bridge Mode TBM) " that means that you are disabling ALL internal routing facilities with that IG. So, it is not surprising at all that you cannot log into your IG because you have disabled the LAN DHCP server, all Port Forwarding, Triggering, etc., etc. TBM is ONLY use for intrinsic pass-through of the WAN IP Address(es) for a Firewall or other controlling router device to use in order to communicate to the Internet. IG in TBM becomes simply a dumb pass-through route that ONLY provides its WAN IP Address(es) as I aforementioned.  

Hope this helps you out.