Skip to content
Stortz24's profile

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 1st, 2015 6:00 AM

Update Information for Offline Devices on DCP3939B

Is there anyway to edit the information for off-line devices on a DCP3939B? I have entered several devices for which I have reserved an IP address that is provided by DHCP on the DCP3939B and the devices are showing as off-line.

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello Stortz24 and welcome,

Please login into your DPC3939B (DPC) using a computer with an ethernet cable plugged into any rear LanPorts 1-4, bring up a browser and enter 10.1.10.1, then cus username=cusadmin, password-highspeed. Find the LAN segment connection and if the starting DHCP Server address is 10.1.10.2 then change this to 10.1.10.10, click apply and/or save. This will then provide you 10.1.10.2 through 10.1.10.9 as static addresses you can legitimately force feed into any of your devices due to the legitimate typical default dynamic address table being set to 10.1.10.2 through 10.1.10.252/3.

Please let the forum know if this works for you. 

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

VBSSP-RICH, thank you for the reply. I have already narrowed the address range used by the internal DHCP and I am looking to just update the information for one of the access points which has an IP address outside of the range ( 10.1.10.2 - 10.1.10.149). The entries show up under the offline devices and there is no way that I have found to update the information for these devices. I am guessing that I =need for them to show online before I can make any changes.

Also, there are multiple devices show under Connected Devices > Offline Devices with a Reserved IP status, which I did not setup with a reserved IP address. Is there a reason devices would be automatically setting a Reserved IP status? And, is there a way to clear these devices from the Offline Devices? I do not necessarily want to block the devices, since I am not sure what they are.