Skip to content
CareerTEAM's profile

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 28th, 2015 12:00 PM

Trying to connect printers (Etc...)

Ok, so we;ve recently switched over from Frontier.  We have a HUGE Canon printer that we need to be on the network.  In order to do this however, i need to get into the router where the DHCP controls what IPs are given out to what devices.  The printer is stuck on a static IP and other info which  I will change once i figure out how to assign it its credentials in the router.

Thanks!

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello CareerTEAM and welcome,

Not sure what you mean by " The printer is stuck on a static IP "? Anyways......

First you must log into the Comcast Gateway (CG) using the following process:

1. connect any computer via ethernet cable to any CG LanPort 1-4 usually on rear

2. bring up a browser, then type in 10.1.10.1 inthe address field, enter

3. username=cusadmin, password =highspeed

4. If you have a Netgear3000 (A) or SMCD3G (B) - click on LAN ; if you have a DPC39XXB(C) then click connect(ion), then LAN status and this will get you to the LAN DHCP Server area to make any modifications.

If you want to dedicate a dynamic IP address on CG A & B you should be able to use 10.1.10.2 - 10.1.10.9, only if your DHCP Server start address (this is the dynamic IP start address) is set to 10.1.10.10 and your DHCP Server IP address = 10.1.10.1. So, I would recommend you set your printers network setup IP address to something like 10.1.10.5 and it must be plugged into one of the CG LanPorts 1-4.

Hope this helps you out.