Skip to content
rs789's profile

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, October 28th, 2016 7:00 AM

True bridge mode please

Hello,

I'm trying to switch back to my customer owned modem (Motorola/Arris sb6141), with true bridge mode. Tried 800 support, and the tech said 'we don't do that'. When I insisted and asked to be passed to tier 2 support, he put me on hold for a bit, then came back and said his supervisor also said that they don't  do it, at all. When I pointed out that my current comcast cisco modem is in true bridge mode, his response was 'well it's not supposed to be.'

Sorry for the rant, can comeone with a clue help me get back into true bridge mode?

Thanks,

Robert

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

After unplugging everything for about 30 minutes, things seem to be working.

I still would like a comment from one of the admins - does comast no longer support true bridge mode?

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

8 years ago

Hello rs789,

Sorry for the delayed response. There is no short answer to your question but I will try my best. When it comes to the issue of "True Bridge Mode" this feature is something that is for the leased equipment we provide to business customers. Because our Business Gateways have router type functions we send them to our customers with this feature enabled by default. Some of our customers find that the router functions only limit the potential of their owned equipment and often use our gateway in "True Bridge Mode". This mode is only to deliver the internet service to their location without routing functions enabled on the device. Your model of modem does not support any internal routing functions and would not require being put into bridge mode.

F.Y.I.- It is good to note that while dealing with customer owned equipment, Comcast support reps will not have remote access to your equipment configuration. I imagine that most manufacturers configure these devices as such for the customers network security, but for that definitive answer you would have to inquire the manufacturer. Your 30 minute power down most likely gave enough time for all systems along the network to acknowledged your modem type, and to automatically send the proper configuration file for internet access.

So with all of that the short answer is "yes" we do still support true bridge mode for the equipment that support it. if you are having issues with your configuration please send me a private message with more details and I will be happy to assist you. I hope this has answered your question.