Skip to content
Wilkes's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 20th, 2018 6:00 AM

Trouble connecting a CISCO Router

I am trying to attach a CISCO router with a static IP address to handle my internal network and VPN.  I assigned the WAN port on the router the Static IP address listed under my account.  However, it doesn't seem to work.  If I let the WAN port on the router just accept DHCP from the internal network the Comcast Cable Modem/Router provides, it does work.

In Googling the issue, one thing I note is that the Gateway IP Address of my Static IP is nothing at all like the public IP my COMCAST device currently has (my Static IP and Gateway are in the 96.88.xx.xx but the WAN address on my Comcast Business modem/router is in the 69.251.xx.xx.

Do I need to enable Bridge mode?  What am I doing wrong here?

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

6 years ago

Hi Wilkes and welcome to the business forums.

I would like to assist with your connectivity issues. I would not recommend using bridge mode in your case as this would disable static routing. I would advise using pass-through mode instead. Here's a link for that:

http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/Equipment-Modems-Gateways/True-Bridge-Mode-vs-Pass-Through-Mode/td-p/21260

I am not able to help troubleshoot your personal devices as this would be passed the Comcast Business demarcation policy. However, I am able to check if your static information is correctly loaded. Please private message me your first and last name, the name of your business, the full address of your business location and the phone number associated with your business account.