Skip to content
WestMall433's profile

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, July 31st, 2019 9:00 AM

Technicolor DPC3941B allow a guest Network?

Title explains. Basically want to set up a wireless guest Network where no password is required. To keep that network separate from out business network, for security reasons.

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

5 years ago

Good afternoon, WestMall433.

Thanks for your question on a guest network and I appreciate you posting today. I can understand your concerns about wanting to keep your customers entertained. With your personal network, we would require a password with the DPC3941B. However, for any of your guests that have Xfinity at home, they are able to use their comcast.net logins for hotspot access: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/about-xfinity-wifi-internet.

For an open network where no authentication required, you may want to look into setting this up with a separate piece of equipment within your personal network. 

Please let us know if you need anything as the Digital Care Team is glad to assist. 

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

How would I go about setting this up? What would I need? Or is there a another Comcast supplied gateway/router/modem that can used to set this up?

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

5 years ago

Hello WestMall433. This would be beyond the Comcast network and would be an additional piece of equipment within your personal network. I would recommend speaking with an IT professional group on setting this up.