Skip to content
aaron_w2's profile

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, January 21st, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

Technicolor CGA4131COM port forwarding broken

I am trying to forward several ports with this gateway, i.e. port 25, but none of the port forwarding appears to work. I have verified that the ports are open on my server. I have port forwarding set up with both the IPv4 and the IPv6 address but the port is not getting forwarded to the 10.1.10.X address behind the firewall. I have verified that the address is correct.

Note that I did not have these problems with my previous Cisco modem.

Sadly I had to change to this modem due to adding voice service.

Problem solver

• 

348 Messages

5 years ago

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to the Digital care team here through the forums. You have reached the right team to help get this taken care of. Can you please send us a private message with your name and the full address to the account? 

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

There are so many port forwarding posts, none answered.  How did this get resolved?

Official Employee

• 

294 Messages

Thanks for providing this information. Upon opening a ticket, my system is not allowing me to do so as this port forwarding is beyond our line of demarcation of support or outside the scope of our services. As internal networks vary so drastically from business to business, I can only provide my expertise for our equipment or wiring. I recommend that you contact your local IT person for further local network troubleshooting and support.

New Contributor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

Lame response from Comcast above.

It has nothing to do with "internal networks" and everything to do with port forwarding being COMPLETELY BROKEN.

I actually had three (3) Comcast modems (mid end and high end) ALL fail for the most basic setup today.  Finally got one to configure port forwarding, then it stopped workign one hour later, then it became inoperable for even changing config.  

It's not you, it is Comcast bugs in the modems.

See also:

https://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/conversations/equipment-modemsgateways/port-forwarding-on-newer-routers-cannot-map-incoming-to-outgoing-port/60db72853aae1c503595e710