Skip to content
SYRX's profile

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 6th, 2018 6:00 AM

Split DNS

Hello,

We have all our traffic being forwarded through a corporate VPN (Cisco router) through a comcast modem. They set this up with split DNS.

The virtual internal network here is in the 159.x.x.x range. The tunnel works great but we have one problem. We have a local DVR that has been excluded by corporate from the VPN. Its IP address is 10.1.10.50 port 5940 and 5941. Our Comcast modem has an internal address of 10.1.10.1.

I can ping the DVR from my workstation but I can't access it with the necessary softweare client configured with that 10.x.x.x address.

Do I need to add a static route in the Comcast modem (as outlined in this document:

https://business.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/comcast-business-static-ip-local-area-network/

or is there something else I need to do? thanks.

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hi SYRX and welcome to the business forums.

If you need assistance with adding a static to your account, I can certainly assist. However, due to our demarcation policy, I wouldn't be able to advise if your personal equipment would need a static address. If you would like me to add a static, please private message me your full name, the name of your business, the full service address and the phone number associated with your account.