Skip to content
adamc301's profile

• 

5 Messages

Friday, February 9th, 2018 7:00 AM

Slow Wireless Business Gateway

Our wireless business gateway has started to run very slow. Even when devices are connected via ethernet cable, the connection is slow and time out errors often occur. We have tried resetting the gateway numerous times, but think the device just might be reaching its lifespan. Is it possible to swap out the current gateway for a modem so we can use out own wireless router?

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hi adamc301 and welcome to the business forums. 

I can definitely assist with your gateway and your questions. If you want to use your own modem, you're definitely more than welcome to. I have provided a link below with the supported owned equipment. However, if you do have a static IP address, you would need to use a leased gateway.

The issues you're describing sound more to be related to a signal issue. Could you please private message me your full name, the name of your business, the full service address and the phone number associated with your account? I would like to review this.

https://business.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/comcast-business-cable-modem-device-compatibility/