Skip to content
L

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, October 4th, 2022 12:09 AM

Setting up existing Cradlepoint as cellular failover on Comcast Business router

Who do I speak with to get assistance setting up an existing cradlepoint with 4G/5G as a failover? I know in the past comcast could handle this with the existing equipment/router by connecting the cradlepoint to one of the ports on the router and setting it up on their end as a failover. I have had an existing ticket open with Tier 3 Advanced Engineering for a week or so now but no updates if it is possible yet. I am on a bit of a time constraint to get this up and running before the next election so I need to make a decision soon If I am going to try and have our Firewall handle the failover. I am told setting it up through the isp equipment is best practice.

Official Employee

• 

30 Messages

2 years ago

Hey there, happy to look into this for you. Can you please send us a DM with your name, the business name, and address?

• 

4 Messages

• 

4 Messages

@Comcast_AnthonyT​ Do you mind starting a PM? Your username is not showing up as an available recipient.​

Official Employee

• 

30 Messages

You don't send it to me directly, you sending it to Comcast Business.

To get started on this process,

• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there 
• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list 
• - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send it"