Skip to content
w00dnutz's profile

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, May 13th, 2014 10:00 AM

Setting up a Webserver Connection

Trying to port forward port 80 to my webserver on my dmz. I can connect using the IP on my local network, but when trying to access from outside it can't reach

Also, when I try to enable the port forwarding rule in the router the checkbox unchecks it's self

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello w00dnutz and welcome,

If you are trying to gain access to a website server then you should be using a single StaticIP for that in order to keep its IP address constant on the Internet. Apparently you are trying to use the Comcast Gateway (CG) DHCP Server 10.1.10.10 through 10.1.10.199 for this because you can only put these IPs into the DMZ. The CG DHCP server provides dynamic IP addresses and unless your website server is the only computer connected to the CG, then there is no real way to keep this constant except for contacting 1800-391-3000 and ordering a StaticIP.

Lastly, when using Port Forwarding, after you add the new port forward information, always press the apply button.

Hope this helps you out.

Trusted Forum Contributor

• 

113 Messages

10 years ago

If you have a DMZ set (A local IP that you've determined to receive all non-port fordwarded information and you attempt to port forward to the very same IP it should make sense that it should uncheck itself).

Take your webserver out of your DMZ and port forward to the local Webserver's IP and test.