Skip to content
Theron's profile

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, September 5th, 2015 8:00 AM

Sb6183 activation issues

I installed a new sb6183 yesterday and had my static ip removed so it would work. Modem appears connected and active, but when i try to connect any device i sm still redirected to the comcast device activation page. Any suggestions? Is it possible there is more comcast configuration needed, or do i need to change settings on the sb6183?

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

9 years ago

It sounds like the modem wasn't completely activated on Comcast's end. That activation page you see is only meant for residential account customers, it won't work for business. You'll need to call 800-391-3000, get to a technical support agent (just keep pressing zero), and ask them to verify the activation status of the modem. You typically need to give them the modem's serial number and MAC address.

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

9 years ago

wow... good luck.

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

This will be the third call. First time they had mac wrong, 2nd time they verified it was registered and connected with correct mac, but the activation page persists.

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello Theron and welcome,

When you speak to a Comcast high speed internet technical agent, request that they provision your Customer Owned Modem (COM) and this will get rid of your COM continuous asking you for authentication information. Also, have the technical agent verify that your COM serial number and MAC address is correct in the biller. Lastly, have this agent also verify that the correct boot file is loaded into your COM, as well. 

Hope this helps you out.