Skip to content
JoshuaN's profile

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, December 27th, 2014 8:00 AM

SB6121 no longer channel bonding provisioning issue?

I own a SB6121 and as of last my internet dropped out and came back in about 20 minutes; however, now the modem will not channel bond (only connected to one channel).  I have accessed the status page and reset the modem to defaults.  I called comcast support and was told that they have to send out a tech as a owned modem cannot be accessed remotely.  It seems as if this might be some type of provissioning issue.  Is there anything else I should try before having a tech come out?  I have 50/10 service (getting 30/10 now).

Thank You

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you

Copy from signal page

Downstream Bonding Channel Value Channel ID 11

Frequency 675000000 Hz

Signal to Noise Ratio 38 dB

Downstream Modulation QAM256

Power Level The Downstream Power Level reading is a snapshot taken at the time this page was requested. Please Reload/Refresh this Page for a new reading 5 dBmV

Upstream Bonding Channel Value Channel ID 2

Frequency 29600000 Hz

Ranging Service ID 3

Symbol Rate 5.120 Msym/sec

Power Level 43 dBmV

Upstream Modulation [3] QPSK [3] 64QAM

Ranging Status Success Signal Stats (Codewords)

Bonding Channel Value Channel ID 11

Total Unerrored Codewords 24450941

Total Correctable Codewords 11

Total Uncorrectable Codewords 653

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

10 years ago

Can you post a screenshot of the modem's signals? They may indicate a downstream problem (which would be the cause of the loss of bonding.) This may help you determine more confidently whether it's a signal problem or a modem problem

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Signal Status.jpg

Thank you

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello JoshuaN and welcome,

The only thing that you need to make sure is that you are getting the correct Customer Owned Modem (COM) modem 6121 boot file. If you can very this with a technical agent at 800-391-3000, option is technical, internet, then it is very possible that your COM SB6121 may have to be replaced. I recommend after you verify that you are receiving the correct boot file, contact SB6121 technical support to have them login to your modem and let you know if the hardware, firmware for channel bonding needs update or replacement.

Hope this helps you out.