Skip to content
Azteca's profile

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, April 19th, 2014 3:00 AM

Reserved IP's with Netgear CG3000DCR

Hi everyone, we just got Business Phone and Internet for our restaurant. the infamous Netgear CG3000DCR in charge of the internet, everything is ok for now, just wondering if the fact that I can't reserve IP's will be a problem since our POS terminal get conected to the database on the server by his IP, so if for some reason the IP change on the POS server the POS terminals will not connect to the database and we'll need a new configuration (I think it will be easy a new configuration on the terminals instead of hard reset the modem to "try" and get the same IP on the server).

Any ideas why I can do, beside getting a new router to manage the network and left the Netgear CG3000DCR just to pass the internet to the new router?. I have a 16 ports switch already, so I'm trying to avoid getting three devices to get this thing works properly. 

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello Azteca and welcome,

The Netgear 3000 has a standard DHCP server based router contained within. The default DHCP server address is 10.1.10.1 and the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0. This ia all public information by connecting any computer to any of the free LanPorts 1-4, then bringing up a browser, type 10.1.10.1 in the address field then enter, when the login screen comes up enter username=cusadmin, password=highspeed. Then click on LAN on left side of the Management GUI and it will display all of my aforementioned information. 

Now, you will notice in here that the standard Dynamic IP (DIP) range is from 10.1.10.10 to 10.1.10.199. So, what you can do is simply force feed any of you computers, POSs. terminals, etc. devices with an upper range of DIP starting like at 10.1.10.150. After you do this now any device you have will simply use that force fed IP address and whenever you connect new devices that are not force fed, their DIPs will just start at 10.1.10.10, .11, .12 etc. Comcast providing 189 DIPS for customers is a big plus, in my mind's eye. Smiley Wink

Hope this helps you out.

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

You're very welcome Azteca and glad this Forum could provide assistance for your business requirements. Keep us posted on how things are going.  Regards Smiley Happy 

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks VBSSP-RICH, actually I did try that before but it didn't work, I did it again but this time I took the DNS numbers from the other computer in the office and I realize they are different from the paper the technician left here the other day, first one is 75.75.75.75 and the second one is 75.75.75.76, on the paper the second one is 75.75.76.76, maybe that is why the first time didn't work, because the second DNS number was wrong?, anyways, your answer made me try again with the right numbers, so thank you very much...