Skip to content
rubinabdi's profile

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, October 9th, 2014 7:00 PM

Request for true bridge mode

Hi there. Phone support was unwilling to set our modem into true bridge mode. It would be most appreciated if an admin here could set that up for us. Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

HI rubinabdi.  Placing you device in will remove the Static IP from your device.   On the Comcast Network Static IP address cannot be assigned to a bridged device.   Placing the device in disables all router functionality of the gateway.  In a public IP, not a statically assigned IP, is passed directly to only one connected device, multiple connections to additional gateway LAN ports will create an IP conflict. 

Changing your device to will disable your current network set-up as there is a static IP configured on the device associated with this account.

Thank You

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have a more enterprise level router connected to the Comcast modem, which already has our static address assigned. In the passive bridge mode, my understanding is that that Comcast modem assigns our static address to its WAN port (let's call it 50.2.3.4 as an example), then basically acts as a middle man router over the LAN port to our router which is also configure with our static address (50.2.3.4).

I would like the modem to do no routing at all. If our router is currently setup with a manually entered in static address, wouldn't this true bridge mode work fine?

Thanks.

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello rubinabdi,

As Comcast_John stated, if you are using a Comcast Static IP then you cannot utilize True Bridge Mode (TBM) because all of the Comcast Gatreway (CG) routing is disabled in TBM and this includes your StaticIP address, too. In TBM the CG only acts as a pass-through device providing its WAN address to other devices for usage. There is also no DHCP so this must be provided by another network device like your controlling router.

Hope this helps you out.