Skip to content
curvyfashions's profile

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, June 3rd, 2015 1:00 PM

recently purchased arris model tm822g not working

Hello.

I recently purchased a arris model tm822g (the same one comcast provided) for my business phone line to avoid having to pay the monthly rental fee. I was told by my local business class sales rep that i could do this to avoid the fees. So to make a long story short, I bought it off Ebay, registered it at my local comcast office and registered it with the reps online. The first young lady that helped said everything was ok on comcast side. She said that she dialed my number and was receiving a busy signal. I informed her that my telephone light on the arris was not lit up. She transferred me to arris who after 45 minutes asked if my wifi was now working. What!! They then said they don't handle the telephone aspect of the arris, and that I should call comcast back. I called comcast back and this time a young man said that it is only possible to switch out the phone modem with home phone use, not the business class, for security reasons. Again, my sales rep said I could do this, so i bought it (its non refundable) what can you please do for me?

Thank You.

Curvy Fashions

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

I recommend that you contact 800-391-3000 and use the technical high speed internet option, then explain you situation to the technical agent and he/she will schedule you for a Change Of Service to get the correct business equipment replaced/re-installed into your business. Your local Comcast Service Center will tell you the same thing. So this response is to save you some time to get this expediently resolved. Smiley Happy

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello curvyfashions and welcome,

The only approved Customer Owned Modems (COMs) can be found at this website.  Just position the blue ball within the Business Speed Tiers gauge to the speed that you currently have with Comcast business, then scroll down to the list of approved and supported COMs. I believe you will find that the tm822g is not within the supported COMs list.

I recommed you should contact your Busness Class Sales representative and focus his/her attention to the above website and then request that they provide you with a credit on your billing account as you see fit. 

Hope this helps you out.

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for the info.

This leaves me even more confused. Comcast installed a arris touchstone telephony modem TM822G at my business and that is what I bought on ebay. Should the comcast tech that came out to do the install given me a different one?

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

For your Business Internet Service you should be using either a dedicated SMCD3G, Netgear 3000DCR, or Cisco DPC3939B for these are the standard Comcast Business Gateways. You cannot use the TM822g for Business Internet Service.

If you have Comcast Business Standard Digital Voice Telephone service you should be using a dedicated  Arris TM602/604/608 depending on the quantity of telephone numbers you have.

The TM822G is a residential modem that can be used for combination Internet and Telephone service, but for business service the devices are dedicated to each prescribed service i.e. Internet , Telephone as mentioned above.

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks again.

I will be taking this email to my local office.