Skip to content
MikeCT01's profile

Occasional Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Friday, May 23rd, 2014 9:00 PM

Question about the 2 modems.

I had service installed on Monday. I have 1 modem for internrt and another for phone.  A rep came on Wednesday and gave me a battery for each one.  

The telephone now shows the battery light, but the internet modem does not. Does this have to be enabled?

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello MikeCT01 and welcome,

The standard Comcast Business Class telephone modems do have battery backup display to know if the battery's charge is up to correct level.  What type of Comcast Internet Modem (CIM) do you have? Some of the CIMs do not have a battery backup feature but most folks simply plug CIM directly into a Battery Backup UPS, along with their computers, networking gear, etc.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Occasional Visitor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Hi.  I just noticed all my spelling mistakes.  Thats what I get for typing in the dark!  

Anyway, the internet modem is the dpc3939b.  It has the battery in there now, and I see there is a light for it on the front, however its not lit.

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello again MikeCT01,

I have learned that the battery, Tel1, or Tel2 are not used. The Tel1 & Tel2 will never be used.  However, there may be a firmware upgrade in the future to enable this feature. It makes intuitively obvious sense that if you have a charged battery it should be able to display this signaling for voltage and/or current levels being adequate. This is a new Comcast Gateway and I am sure consideration is in process to enable this feature. 

I would be interested if you have tried unplugging the power cord and does the modem continue to operate and does that battery display light up only when it is running on battery?  

Look forward to hearing from you.

Occasional Visitor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Unplugged, it seems not to go to the battery.  So, it seems since telephone is disabled on this modem, so is the battery.