Skip to content
shayne54's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, March 25th, 2018 3:00 PM

Network setup best practices?

Was wondering if any of the experts here can help me. I just upgraded my business class to include 5 static IP address and have a question about how to get this to work best with my network config.

Before I upgraded this configuration was working well: Comcast business gateway -> Asus RT-AC68U router -> 24 port switch.

Now I have the: DPC3939B and I am not quite sure how to best set this up. I have one computer that needs to have a separate IP address from the rest of the network. All the other devices can share an IP. What is the best way for me to setup my network and is there a guide on how to assign 1 device a static IP address?

Thanks,

Shayne54

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

6 years ago

Hi Shayne54 and welcome to the business forums.

I would like to assist with your statics. I am not able to advise on setting up your personal network as this would be past my demarcation. However, I am able to check if your statics are properly loaded on your gateway. If you need assistance with that, please private message me your full name, the name of your business, the full address and the phone number associated with your business account.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I sent you a private message. Thank you