Skip to content
spectraham's profile

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, July 15th, 2017 5:00 AM

Netgear CG3000DRC not conneting to New router on the WAN

The past couple weeks ago I needed to change my WiFi/Router. I went and bought a new Asus U66AC and could not get the router to pass internet on my network. So I went to an bought a Netgear Router (don't remeber the model) could not get that to connect to the internet. The Netgear CG3000DRC would give the routers an IP address but just not pass data to and from the internet as if the NAT would not let anything through. Also though when I hook back up my old Linksys router running DD-WRT not a problem, got an IP and was back on like brousing the internet. I have no idea what happened. I chanded from Static back to DHCP even changed the IP sets, but that old one still working but has problems droping packets after awile for the reason needed to be replaced. I just have to restart it every few day. I just updated my Linksys with the latest dd-wrt firmware and I'll see what happens. In the mean time I hope someone knows why new routers won't connect and pass internet traffic with Netgear CG3000DRC as my Linksys WRT54GL router can! Or anyone have a suggestion on a New router that will work. Thanks in advance!

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

7 years ago

Hello spectraham  and welcome to forums,

I wanted to check with you to make sure your modem is working correctly. I understand that this appears to be a router issue but I did not want to assume anything. Please let me know if you are experiencing any service issues or are considering switching modems.

Thank You