Skip to content
gstanley79's profile

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

Friday, May 30th, 2014 10:00 PM

Netgear cg3000dcr bridge mode not providing IP address downstream

Called Support, (they) placed my netgear cg3000dcr into bridge mode. Reset Asus AC66U and it's not accepting DHCP requests from the CMTS, which means I cannot get internet connectivity. Placed old Surfboard back to get connectivity. 

Am I doing something incorrectly?

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello gstanley79 and welcome,

Please see my responses/comments/questions below. Thanks.

" Called Support, (they) placed my netgear cg3000dcr into bridge mode.

Does this mean that they disabled your NetGear3000 (NG3K) DHCP internal server? If you do not have a Comcast StaticIP (CSIP), then your AC66U will not have any internet access in lieu of this.

Reset Asus AC66U

Is this the Dual-Band Wireless AC1750?  If so,  are you using this device as your firewall and do you have a CSIP? If you do have a CSIP, then yoou must make sure your AC66U's internal DHCP server is enabled, and all wired devices must be connected to this device's LAN Ports. 

and it's not accepting DHCP requests from the CMTS, which means I cannot get internet connectivity.

Again, if your NG3K internal DHCP server is disabled, you are using a CSIP and your AC66U Network configuration is correctly configured with CSIP routable, gateway,subnet,PriDNS,SecDNS  , and your AC66U device's DHCP is enabled, then you should have no issues with both wired and/or wireless device internet access.  

Placed old Surfboard back to get connectivity. 

What is your old Surfboard model?

Look forward to hearing from you....

"

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

I do not have a static IP address. 

Per "http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/Equipment-Modems-Gateways/Is-Public-DHCP-address-available-with-Bridge-Mode/td-p/239" Comcast_John said the following:

"We do apologize for the confusion with your request for setting our IP-Gateway to Bridge Mode.

If properly set, our IPG will pass only the WAN IP to your router and static IP is not needed."

It's the Asus AC66U. Since bridge mode simply turns the modem into a layer2 device, and only does traffic handoff.

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

The link you provided does not work and I cannot manually find this thread in the Equipment-Modems-Gateways or the actual Equipment (Modems,Gateways) forum topic area. In lieu of this, I will let Comcast_John complete support on this for you.