Skip to content
NorthPerryWater's profile

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, September 17th, 2014 12:00 PM

Need Modem to send public IP to company firewall

I need our Comcast modem/firewall set so it pass the public IP address to our company firewall so I can setup a VPN tunnel. We are a business account. I cannot access the modem (tried but the default username/password did not work).

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello NorthPerryWalter and welcome,

You should be able to connect a computer to any Comcast Gateway LanPorts 1-4, then bring up a browser go to 10.1.10.1, username=cusadmin, password=highspeed. Then go to Gateway Summary and the Gateway IP address is there.

Could you inform us what Comcast Gateway you are using and DHCP or StaticIP User?

Hope this helps you out

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I cannot login to the modem. WHen I use the login it says login failed. I have checked both the user name and password.

The modem is a SMC Networks, Model# SMCD3G-CCR. I need the external IP to be passed to the firewall as the wan address for the VPN tunnel I am constructing.

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

10 years ago

if the default user/password rthat VBSSP-RICH provided doesn't work, there is a thread here that you can reply to, and a moderator will be able to reset it for you

http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/Equipment-Modems-Gateways/Router-cable-password-changed-on-me/td-p/255/jump-to/first-unread-message

as well, what VBSSP-RICH asked is important, are you leasing a static IP from Comcast? If you are, then you should just set the router's WAN port with the provided IP / subnet / gateway / DNS settings. if not, then just ask for the modem to be bridged, which will disable its routing capabilities and will pass a public IP directly to your router via DHCP.