Skip to content
mrsaxde's profile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, December 6th, 2017 12:00 PM

Need help choosing a modem

I have Business Class 75/15 service. Right now I have a Comcast supplied Cisco dpc3008 modem. I would like to buy my own modem to replace it and save the rental fee. This modem has worked great, but Comcast's device list says the retail version of it is not approved. I asked the support agent I chatted with if there was a modem on the list that he would recommend, and he said no. But I wound up with this modem several years ago after buying a Motorola Surfboard that was also on the list and which never worked right. So now I'm leery about buying another one. But it seems ridiculous to keep paying $14.95 a month for something that I can buy and which will pay for itself in less than a year.

Can anybody give me a recommendation for modems that are on the approved list and that would work well with my service tier? I'm in southern Delaware, zip 19968. I know location is important for this question.

Thanks!

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hi mrsaxde.

I do not have any recommendations for a purchased modem but I can definitely let you know which purchased modems work with our services. I have added a link below to better assist. Please let me know if you need anything.

https://business.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/comcast-business-cable-modem-device-compatibility

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for the info. I have already been over that list, and after talking to Comcast Business tech support and Amazon tech support, I'm going to give the Surfboard sb6183 a try. I'm just leery because a few years ago I bought a Surfboard sb6121 that was a complete disaster even though it was on the approved device list. It worked great until there was a power blip or the modem was restarted, then my speed would crast down to the area of dialup. After three technician visits I gave up and told the last guy who was here to give me a Comcast modem.

Once bitten, twice shy. We'll see how things go this time.

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Let us know if you need anything.