Skip to content
train_wreck's profile

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

Wednesday, January 21st, 2015 1:00 PM

Moving locations soon - questions about the process

So we have business class service at our house, and will be moving on or around February 28th to an as-yet-to-be-determined location. I am definitely going to verify that our new location will be serviceable by Comcast. We have a customer-owned modem with no rented equipment. I am wondering whether it will be necessary for a technician to come out to the new location, and if so, what will he/she do and how much will it cost?

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hey train_wreck hope all is going well for you and Happy New Year !

You will need to contact 800-391-3000 now and use the Sales option, give the sales rep your current Comcast Business Account number, then inform rep that you need to relocate you business, give him the general proximity to see if Comcast services that location.

Relocation of a business process usually

a.)  takes one day for the new Service Order Agreement (SOA) to be completed

b.)  1-2 days for the new account number to be generated

c.)  1-2 days for the new install technician scheduling to take place

d.)  then Comcast contacts the customer by email or phone to schedule a customer convenient install date.

During a.) you should discuss the Customer Owned Modem (COM) with the Sales Rep because if you give him your COM (from mydeviceinfo.comcast.net as you know) model number, serial number, and MAC address, then this can be built into your new account equipment list and the technician will be able to easily connect COM up, provision, and activate it.

Let me know if you have any other questions.  

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks Rich. Any ideas on the charges we should expect?

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

You need to speak to your Sales Rep to find out what he can do for you in the SOA.  Typically, 1 year SOA are $99, 2 year are $49, and 3 year are $0 installation charges.  Whatever you can work out just make sure it is convered in the SOA special instructions.