Skip to content
U

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, April 23rd, 2024 9:01 PM

lost router password

Hi, I don't have my business router username/password, or I fat-fingered it upon entry. Could I get a remote reset for that? This is a newer model, minus the Reset button.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

16 Messages

6 months ago

Hey @user_3104f7,

Thank you for visiting our official Comcast Business Community support page. Reviewing the information, we show that you have our Comcast Business Router (CBR) Gateway. 

You should be able to find the Reset button on the front right-side of the gateway. You would need to use small pen or an unfolded paperclip and press the Reset button for approximately 5-seconds. 

If you wish to factory restore the CBR, you would need to hold the reset button down for at least 15-seconds. This should help restore the factory admin/password for the Admin GUI. 

You can find the specific instructions on how to 'Reset/restore the Gateway via the Reset button' on Page 61 of our Comcast Business Router Setup and User Guide

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

34 Messages

6 months ago

Hello, @user_3104f7. Thanks for reaching our team regarding our Forums regarding your WiFi password. You can follow these steps:

Find your default wireless network info
Lift the Business Wireless Gateway to view the bottom panel.
On the bottom panel label, find the two Network Names (SSIDs) and the one Network Key (Password). The case-sensitive password is the same for both Network Names (SSIDs).
Record this information for future reference.

The default Network Names (SSIDs) and Network Key (Password) are unique to your Wireless Gateway.
SSID 1 will be your private 2.4 GHz Business Internet Network.
SSID 2 will be your private 5.0 GHz Business Internet Network.
Now we reccomned changing this if you did, then you will want to follow below. 

Open a web browser from a connected wired or WiFi device. Go to http://10.1.10.1 to access the login page.
Enter cusadmin for Username. Enter highspeed or CantTouchThis for Password. Then select Login.
Note: The user name "cusadmin" cannot be changed.
From the gateway settings you should now be able to update the network password

• 

4 Messages

@Comcast_Gabby​ Thank you for your response. I'm sorry I wasn't clear - I need the admin portal (cusadmin) password reset.

Official Employee

• 

18 Messages

Thank you for clarifying user_3104f7. The only way to reset the cusadmin password(if already changed from the defaults above) is to factory reset the modem entirely. This will reset this to the default values above.

Reset your Comcast Business device

Hold the reset button for 2-5 seconds only and release to restart the device. Note: Do not hold the reset button for more than 15 seconds. Holding the button for more than 15 seconds will perform a factory reset and will restore all factory default settings.

Derived from Manage and troubleshoot Xfinity WiFi hotspots in your business
Introduction

• 

4 Messages

There is no reset button on this unit.

Official Employee

• 

18 Messages

Gotcha. We would love to assist where possible with this.  

Please send us a direct message with your full name, business name, full address, and phone number. By clicking the "direct messaging" icon in the upper right page of our forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle (Comcast Business) to send us a private message.

• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the top right corner
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there 
• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list 
• - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send it