Skip to content
Grmlly's profile

New problem solver

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 29th, 2017 5:00 PM

IPv4 sites not accessible (same fix?)

Hello, I’m encountering all the same issues/have attempted all the same fixes as previous folks (e.g. here http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/Connectivity/IPv6-working-but-not-IPv4/td-p/25725)

I am running an Arris SBG-7580-AC which was purchased from amazon. I believed it was new, but suspect it was reconditioned after calling Comcast for activation indicated that it had been previously activated by another customer. Nonetheless, the Comcast folks seemed to have no problem re-requisitioning to my account. Once I began troubleshooting my connectivity issues (which have been present from the get-go) I suspected that the “dual activation” mentioned by Comcast_John in the prior post could be at fault. Comcast said call Arris about this, Arris folks weren’t quite sure what I was talking about, I’m still trying to escalate to someone who may be able to help me. Any thoughts? I’m a newbie to the forum so not certain how to DM someone like Comcast_John (someone had suggested sending him your MAC address), but perhaps someone could put us in touch?

Accepted Solution

New problem solver

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

For anyone else with similar issue, at long last this was resolved. I kept striking out with Level 2 techs on both the Comcast and Arris sides and ComcastPhil was exteremly helpful but ultimately could not identify a problem on his end. Finally someone up the escalation chain on Arris’s side reached out to an acquaintance tech at Comcast and between them, they were able to perform some sort of reactivation that fixed the IPv4 connectivity. I have no idea what they did and unfortunately the tech that informed me of the fix having been performed was just the messenger and unable to explain it either. It sounded like something in the Comcast backend that had to be fixed manually given how many times I attempted hard reset and/or had the device reactivated to fix the issue with no luck.

Best of luck to anyone else with this issue. FWIW, it seemed to be a problem unique to this one single modem. If this ever happened again I’d probably recommend cutting losses and replacing the modem with a new or different one. This was quite a month-long headache. Thanks everyone for the help.

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hi Grmlly.

I just sent you a private message. Please send a response there.