Skip to content
Coverguy's profile

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, March 31st, 2015 4:00 PM

I appear to have 2 modems--What's up?

I have a Netgear CG3000DCR and an ArrisTM604G/CT.  The only way I've had wireless is by running everything through my old Dlink router.  When I log in to set up the wireless, I have a different window than what is shown in the instructions.  It takes me to the the Comcast Business page as well which is what I have.  Comcast owns the equipment and I read about the hardware update but I've received nothing about this happening.  As anyone can tell, I am NOT proficient at this tech stuff and I am completely confused.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello Coverguy and welcome,

Your NetGear3000 (NG3K) is specifically used for your Comcast High Speed Internet service and your Arris TM604G is specifically used for your Comcast Telephone service. Both of these modems work totally independent of each other. Your customer owned Dlink router is not supported or owned by Comcast, but you can certainly connect its Internet Port ethernet cable into any of the NG3K rear LanPorts 1-4 and your wireless router functionality should work just fine. You will need to look at your Dlink router user manual and make sure that the router is configured to meet your business needs.

Hope this helps you out. 

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

But is my Netgear NG3K wifi?  I think the problem with my Dlink is that it has given up.  There is obviously a connectivity problem with the power source when I try to reset it so I'm thinking it's just at the end of it's life.  If the NG3K is WiFi though, I should be able to set that up but I can't get logged in to do anything with it.

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

The NG3K does not have wifi built-in. It appears according to your last post the Dlink is at its end of the line.