Skip to content
timd1971's profile

New problem solver

• 

49 Messages

Friday, July 24th, 2015 3:00 PM

How to turn off or disable WIFI on Cisco 3939B?

I do not see any settings to do this.  I know I can BRIDGE it, but I'd rather not do that.

I want ALL of WIFI off.  I am trying some tests as I will turn it back on after.

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

New problem solver

• 

49 Messages

9 years ago

Sorry..wasn't clear... i want to turn off all wifi radio.  Not just the xfinity hot spot.

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Oh, if you want to disable your private wifi login to your DPC using 10.1.10.1 and cusadmin/highspeed then click connection, then wifi, then click of the 2.4 and 5 Ghz edit buttons and uncheck the broadcost and any other facilities within here to disable everything. Then click apply and/or save settings and you are done.

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello timd1971,

Use this link to manage (turn off your wifi) your DPC3939B Comcast Gateway....

Hope this helps you out.

New problem solver

• 

49 Messages

9 years ago

After following your link... (as that ahd aslo interested me)  my account does NOT show the options to turn of the XFINITY HOTSPOT.  Just Norton setup.

Untitled.png

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

9 years ago

Yes timd1971, while there have been official references made by both Comcast employees and Comcast web pages instructing you to go to the link Rich posted in order to turn off the Xfinity hotspot, these instructions are inaccurate. I see exactly what you see; an ad for Norton, with no wifi settings to be found. At the moment, the only way to disable xfinitywifi is to call in to support and request it. (1-800-391-3000)

Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon..........