Skip to content
catelo2's profile

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, June 26th, 2019 11:00 PM

how can I put my comcast business modem/ router in true bridge mode and provide static ip

I just acquire the  Comcast business 1Gb modem/ router; So I wonder if someone can help me in telling me how can I put my comcast business modem/ router in bridge mode and provide static ip so I can have it go through a Sophos XG106 Firewall.

Do I need to call the Comcast tech department or have a Tech guy come to my place to help me with this issue? or can they give me the instructions so my programmer can do it himself?

Thank you !!

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

5 years ago

Good morning, catelo2 and welcome to the business forums.

I appreciate your question on bridge mode. Unfortunately, bridge mode will not work with a static as this would disable static routing; however. we do have an alternate solution by using pass-through mode instead.

https://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/Equipment-Modems-Gateways/True-Bridge-Mode-vs-Pass-Through-Mode/td-p/21260

Pass-through mode is when a gateway has its LAN DHCP and firewall disabled but will still allow for static assignment. Please do let me know if you need anything. 

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Good morning Phil!! Thank you for your prompt response. i will look into that solution with my programmer and will let you know if that worked in order to hook up the Sophos XG106.

Thank you!!

Gold Problem solver

• 

421 Messages

5 years ago

Sounds like a plan catelo2! If you have other questions going forward, please reach back out 🙂 Until then, thank you for your question and for being our customer!