Skip to content
fixingstill's profile

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, February 5th, 2015 8:00 PM

From SMC-D3F to Cisco DPC3938B. No WAN Ping now.

Just upgraded my business class (with 5 static ips) gateway from SMC-D3G to Cisco DPC3938B.

Setup all the NAT, port management stuff and finally my mail server and web server all work ok.

But outside world can't ping to my servers. It should be under Gateway>Firewall>IPv4 and I tried all settings and none makes the servers pingable from internet. It should be the "Disable Ping on WAN Interface" but it is now unchecked, still no go. Anyone experiencing the same? Any solution? Bugs? With the old SMC-D3G, it was all pingable.

2015-02-05 20_48_10-Gateway _ Firewall _ IPv4 - Comcast Business.jpg

Accepted Solution

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

The NAT and the Port management were done. That was why I could receive and send emails to and from my mail server and my web server is also working. Just they were not pingable from outside world. I swear it was not working but this morning when I tried again, they all responded to ping. Everything is working now. It must have been some sort of arp cache or some DNS needing propagated or something.

Ok, everything is good. Back to running my business.

Now I can try out the MoCA thing.

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello fixingstill and welcome,

If you have a 5 block static IP, then your WAN Ping will be your Static IP gateway address. If you need to access any of your Static IP routable adrress devices, simply go to advanced, select the Static IP Port Management link, and in here is where you can open any specific application ports that you need to usinf the specific routable static IP device address. Just enter something like this   WebServerPort   Public-Port-Number  Private-Port-Number  both(TCP/UDP)  Routable.StaticIP.Device.address    .

Hope this helps you out. 

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Glad to hear you are up and  running...  Smiley Happy