Skip to content
Billshrinkers's profile

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, August 12th, 2015 10:00 AM

Fixing SSL Vulnerabilities

Hi,

We've been having an issue for a little while now. We have a card reader at our office and it uses Trustwave to scan for vulnerabilities each month. The last scans have been showing these results:

CVE-2004-2761  Insecure certifcate Signature Algorithm in Use

CVE-2013-2566  SSL/TLS Weak Encryption Algorithms

CVE-2015-2808

We need to fix these otherwise we will be going out of compliance and that's obviously bad since we run a business here and need said compliance for our patients/customers. I've tried updating our sonicwall's firmware to the most recent build and that still has not fixed it. I can list any information you would need but I appreciate any suggestions you could give.

Thank you.

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Ah I see. It does help me though, I hadn't thought of the card reader's firmware yet. Thanks, I'll go with that step next.

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello Billshrinkers and welcome,

Unfortunately Comcast is not able to do anything pertaining to PCI Compliancy within the Comcast Gateways. These compliancy issues you reflected :

"  

CVE-2004-2761  Insecure certifcate Signature Algorithm in Use

CVE-2013-2566  SSL/TLS Weak Encryption Algorithms

CVE-2015-2808

" 

lead me to believe that your card reader itself needs to be updated with a secure certificate Signature Algorithm, which may also take care of the SSL/TSL Weak Encrption Algorithm. I believe you should contact the card reader manufacturer to see if there is a remote or direct means to update the firmware and get these PCI issues resolved.

Hope this helps you out.