Skip to content
HerostatuS's profile

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 25th, 2015 6:00 PM

Ethernet to CoAxel

Hi, I am as newcomer to comcast, and I have seen that I may need a coaxel socket in my house, but unfortunately I do not have one. I was wondering if maybe comcast would allow me to use an ethernet to coaxel adapter. Ex. Connect my ethernet cable to my ethernet jack on my wall, then on the other end, connect the cord onto the ethernet coaxel adapter, then connecting it to my modem? If so I was also wondering if I could use one of my friends used modems rather than buying one from comcast itself. I appreciate any help I can get! 😄

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

9 years ago

You can abdolutely route the ethernet cable in whichever way you like; Comcast doesnt care what happens past the coaxial side of the modem. Make sure the ethernet cable is less than 300 feet in length.

As for the used modem.... that can be tricky, as the old modem may still be associated with his account. I personally would recommend purchasing a new one from a retail store (best buy, office depot, etc.) Keep in mind that if you have a static IP, you MUST rent a modem from Comcast.

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello Herostatu S and welcome,

I would also like to add to go to http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net to see what customer owned business modems are supported.

Hope this helps you out.