Skip to content
chrisv1's profile

New Contributor

• 

13 Messages

Monday, March 6th, 2017 10:00 AM

DPC3939B - I need it in Bridge Mode

I have a DPB3939B, and it is currently NOT in bridge mode, although it has the option to ENABLE it once I log into the device.

My question is this: Is all that is necessary to place it in BRIDGE mode is to ENABLE it? Every time I've tried this, I can't make it work with my router. I need it in bridge mode for the setup that I have, and I don't need a static IP. From what I've read on hear Comcast Support has to make that adjustment, and if it is so, what do I need to do get that switched?

Also, once in BRIDGE mode, are there any specifics that I need to know in order to setup the router?

Thanks,

Chris [Edited: "Personal Information"]

New Contributor

• 

13 Messages

8 years ago

sent the pm.

what's the turn around?

New Contributor

• 

13 Messages

8 years ago

hoping to not have much down time

Official Employee

• 

869 Messages

8 years ago

Hello Chris,

Feel free to send me a private message with your account number if you want your modem bridged. By doing this it will just pass connectivity through to your personal router. 

Once it is bridged it will just pass connectivity through to one port form the back of the modem to your router. There really is no additional set up that is needed as far as the Comcast modem goes. Any additional setup will be dependant on your router or switch settings.