Skip to content
emce's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, January 26th, 2019 4:00 AM

Disable Public WiFi Hotspot on Cisco Modem

Hello,

I have a Cisco modem DPC3941B and I'm attempting to disable the public WiFi hotspot to reduce interference on my actual APs.  After much searching and following istructions here (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/disable-xfinity-wifi-home-hotspot) this doesn't seem to be an option on my account (see below).  Any idea how I can disable this thing?  Thanks!

cbsettings.png.jpgxfinity-settings.png.jpg

Official Employee

• 

272 Messages

6 years ago

Hello, I will be more than happy to help you with your request to disable the public hot spot. Thanks for providing these details and a screenshot. Are you able to send a private message so I can take a closer look at your account and equipment? Please include the account phone number, the account number, and your entire service address. (with the city, state, and zip code)

Official Employee

• 

128 Messages

6 years ago

emce, I can take a look into options in disabling your hotspot. Please send me a private message with your full name, business address, and phone number for help. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Following-up - I spoke with Joseph, but unfortunately wasn't able to get this resolved.  I'm wanting to disable the "XFINITY" and 'xfinitywifi' hotspots broadcasting out of my modem.  They're causing interference with my actual APs because they keep jumping to the same channels.  I don't have the ability to do this myself so I'd really appreciate someone at Comcast's help.

Thanks!