Skip to content
JoshM-Qubit's profile

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, May 15th, 2019 6:00 PM

cusadmin reset

Where do i go - to reset the cusadmin password on my comcast gateway?

Official Employee

• 

272 Messages

5 years ago

Hello, I hope your day is going well and welcome to forums! You are in good hands as we are a dedicated team that is here to provide you with the most thorough support possible. There should be a small reset button on the back of the modem. (Looks like a small pinhole and is near the top of the modem). If you hold the reset button down for more than 10 seconds this will restore your modem to factory default settings. From here you can use the default settings listed on the bottom of the modem to set up your network again. You can get more information using this link: https://business.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/setup-manage-comcast-wifi-business-wireless-gateway/. If you view the "Log in and secure the Admin tool" section, you will see that the default username and password is "cusadmin and "highspeed." We recommend doing this only if absolutely necessary. If you have any additional questions please let me know. 

Official Employee

• 

272 Messages

5 years ago

I apologize, the only way to reset the modem login settings is to factory reset the modem. If you know what the username and password are and can sign into the modem, then you can change the settings as needed. Did you forget the username and password and are you not able to sign in? Yes, you would lose the IP configuration and would have to set up your network again. 

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Anyway it can be reset without doing a factory reset? Will it lose its static IP configuration?

Official Employee

• 

272 Messages

5 years ago

I am sorry to hear about this news 😞 I have forgotten my modem password before as well. So I have been in this exact situation. What is your goal or what do you need to do after logging into your modem? Maybe we can identify an alternative resolution. 

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I seem to have forgotten the password.

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

wanted to look into the lan/firewall settings.

Official Employee

• 

272 Messages

5 years ago

It sounds like it is best that you change, edit or view these settings on your end. At Comcast, we will never work on your network security. If you have any other questions or concerns please let me know. We will always do all we possibly can to help with your account and concerns.Â