Skip to content
MikeRindone's profile

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, September 23rd, 2020 1:00 PM

Connection Pro Cradle point device

We want to a VPN to our network, but not allowed access to the cradle point router.  Who can we reach to get resolved?

Thank You

Official Employee

• 

272 Messages

4 years ago

Hello, how are you? I hope my reply finds you at a good time and your day is going well. I will do all I can to help but I want to make sure I understand the situation. Is the Cradle Point router not allowing to VPN into your network or are you trying to access the Cradle Point router off-site? 

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Thank You for your response.  We need port 1299 forwarded to the VPN device IP address 192.168.165.168.  This VPN device will allow me access our network from home.

Thank You

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach back out and confirm this information. The cradlepoint router is meant as a back up internet services for when the service is down at the location only. The cradlepoint settings are not accessible and are not able to be adjusted. We would not be able to set up any kind of port forwards on this device. You are able to adjust the port forward settings on your modem. This link will provide you the steps of setting up port fowarding on your business modem. https://comca.st/2ZYRRBR

Official Employee

• 

272 Messages

4 years ago

Honestly, I think it should be but our support with your VPN is going to be very limited. All the VPNs I have used have always been software-based and worked on my PC. Since the Cradle Point offers LTE backup, I would imagine you want any additional equipment you may want to use connected to your modem. If your modem is online and you have internet access at the location it would be best to contact your VPN support to make sure it's connected properly. We also don't want to pass you off and not do our part. If you can send a private message with your name, service address, and account number (or phone number) I can make sure your service is online. 

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Again thank you for your timely response.  I read the page you suggested and it makes sense.  This our first time navigating the Comcast Business web site and not sure how to  access the modem to make the required  entries.  Also does the VPN device need to be attached to the modem instead of the cradle point?

Thank You

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Hi, hope this finds everything positive.  I PM you with the requested information. Haven't heard back.  Will we be able to enter the configure the modem with the necessary changes.

Thank You