Skip to content
newguy's profile

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, January 1st, 2018 8:00 PM

Connected Devices missing - Not Solved!

This issue came up in provious discussion and claims to have been resolved. Not true! Customer service doesn’t seem to have a permanent solution for it so I bring it back: When my router was set up, I could see the list of all connected devices on the router webpages (http://10.1.10.1) and can manage them as desired. After a short time, the devices list shows blank even though everything is working well and the site shows a count of the number of connected devices on WIFI but shows zero for internet connections. Customer service has already replaced my router and this happened again after a short while. Resetting it to factory defaults also fixed the problem for a short time only. I have been online and see that many people had this issue and were being offered individualized fixes that only worked for a short time. I expect like others that this is a bug in the software which customer service has been struggling with for a long time. I am surprised that it has taken this long with no fix in sight; or are my the only one left with this problem? Does anyone know someone in the organization who can take this very important multi-customer complaint seriously and either find a fix or at least issue some guidance as to when it will be fixed? Please forward to someone higher up to help get this fixed. I believe everyone (me included) want to see and manage all devices connected to our networks at all times.

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hi tinyelvis and welcome to the business forums. 

I can certainly assist with your gateway as well. Please private message me your full name, the full service address and the phone number associated with your business account.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

7 years ago

Agreed - I have the same issue, with the added problem that some devices which need "Reserved" IP addresses cannot be configured (since the modem "stickies" their DHCP assignment) and the only spot I can find to clear the entry is in the Devices screen.

Thus far, my ticket about this has been bumped to Tier 2 support and allegedly I should be contacted today.

If there's any usable information following that contact, I'll post it here.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I am having this issue currently. New gateway, made by Technicolor, was installed on December 24 2017. Worked great for 4 days. Now device list is empty and rebooting gateway doesn' t fix the problem.

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

HI newguy and welcome to the business forums.

I would like to assist with your gateway. Please private message me your full name, the full service address and the phone number associated with your account.

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I have no time for a temporary fix that will stop working in few days. If you or Concast has a permanent solution to the problem, please describe it here in the forum and I will be very happy to contact you for the solution.  

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hi newguy.

There are possible solutions for this issue and I'll be glad to help with your gateway. One of the possible fixes is getting you a new modem. To do this, I do need to verify your account information through a private message first. Could you please private message me your full name, the full service address and the phone number associated with your account so I may assist? 

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Has any Comcast customer in this forum found the firmware roll back as a permanent solution? Please post your experience so we all can follow suit. Thanks.

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Just sent you a private message

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

I can confirm that some customers had this resolved by receiveing a new modem. Let me know if you need anything. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I, too, am having this same issue. What is the resolution.. rolling back the firmware?

It sure would be great if firmware updates weren't pushed out automatically (especially in the middle of the afternoon as they are sometimes).