Skip to content
nexus31's profile

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 18th, 2014 9:00 PM

Company has just cut over from AT&T, static Ip's

have had Comcast run me a new line to my location, the service up and running, the service seems to be running but under the speed I singed up for.  75Gb

I aleso o rdered 13 IP block for some router and DVR;s

Right know I am having issues asighning the STATIC ip's to those devices.

Should  I be in dridge moode or not?

Wgen I connect to to the router it gives me the proper TCHIP, but then I try to assign a STATIC IP that I was givien, the router or PC I give  those Static IP's do not connect. 

?????

any help welcome. 

NEXUS

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello nexus31 and welcome,

Please see my comments/questions below. Thanks.

have had Comcast run me a new line to my location, the service up and running, the service seems to be running but under the speed I singed up for.  75Gb

I presume that you are referring to 75 Mbps down / 15 Mbps up speed tier correct?  If so, connect a computer to any of your 4 Comcast Modem (CM) lanPorts 1-4, bring up a browser, then run speedtest.comcast.net and let us know what your down and up speed is?

I aleso o rdered 13 IP block for some router and DVR;s

Right know I am having issues asighning the STATIC ip's to those devices.

You should have been provided 13 routable static IP addresses, 1 gateway static IP address, and one 255.255.255.240 static IP subnet mask address. Whe you configure any device networking configuration (typically like using TCP properties in Windows), it is mandatory to ALWAYS enter 1.) static IP= one routable static IP address, 2.) the gateway adress = static IP gateway address, and subnet = 255.255.255.240. It is also good practice to also enter the Primary DNS = 75.75.75.75 and Secondary DNS = 75.75.76.76.

Should  I be in dridge moode or not?

Absolutely you should not be in bridge mode if using Comcast Static IP. If you have a firewall or some other controlling router, that has its inherent DHCP server enabled, you can login to the CM with a computer connected to any Lanports 1-4, bring up browser then go to 10.1.10.1, username=cusadmin, password=highspeed, click on LAN, then click on the checkmark next to enable DHCP server to uncheck (disable) it, click apply. Now your FW will be able to use its inherent DHCP server with no routing conflict packet loss. 

Wgen I connect to to the router it gives me the proper TCHIP, but then I try to assign a STATIC IP that I was givien, the router or PC I give  those Static IP's do not connect. 

I believe the above information provided should get you up and running. Please let us know if you need further assistance.