Skip to content
AaronP's profile

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 23rd, 2017 8:00 PM

Comcast Router in Bridge Mode - How to setup static ip

I have been assigned a static ip address with my business account and I am trying to install a new router. I have put the Comcast router in bridge mode, but have lost my static ip. I am no longer able to reach my server. I have been reading about this issue on the forums and I see that when the Comcast router is in bridge mode, the static ip address will not work anymore. On the new router I see that it is being assigned a new ip dynamiclly from Comcast.

My Comcast router is the DPC3939B.

How do I setup the new router with the static ip address that was assigned to me from Comcast?

New problem solver

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/Equipment-Modems-Gateways/True-Bridge-Mode/td-p/21260

My guess is that whatever router you have plugged into your DPC3939B will take the static IP from Comcast. That's how I interpret the post linked above.

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I ended up calling Comcast support and they placed their router in pass-through mode. I ended up using another router to handle all the traffic for our internal LAN. I then entered in the static IP information that was sent to me from Comcast into the new router and everything worked. (I only have 1 static IP with Comcast and not sure how this works if you have multiple IPs)