Skip to content
Heather_A's profile

New problem solver

• 

24 Messages

Saturday, September 19th, 2015 8:00 AM

Comcast Gateway Set Up

I am absolutely frustrated!  I got a new comcast wireless gateway and now my static IP has changed to my Gateway IP.

With the old comcast modem I was able to change the static IP but with this one all I see is an IPv6 static IP.  When I go online to any sites that check your IP I only see this long IPv6 IP.

Does anyone know how to set up a comcast wireless gateway???????????

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

There is no means by which any Comcast customer can make any changes to their bonafide Comcast purchased Static IP. When you obtain / purchase a static IP block from Comcast they provide you the Routable Static IP Address(es), Gateway Static IP Address and Static IP Subnet Mask address. The Static IP Gateway and Subnet Mask addresses are typically programmed with your Comcast Gateway (CG) WAN interface with enablement and invocation of the Static IP routing. You should always be able to ping your Static IP Gateway address as a vehicle to know your CG is up and running. When I try to ping ither of your X.X.X.13 or .14 presumed static IP addresses, both are not reachable. This says that your CG is down or your static IP address has not been correctly installed into your CG.

This is the second time I have seen this post from you and if you PM me your Comcast Account Number and what you believe your actual Comcast Static IP address parameters, as I aforementioned above, I will look into this and let you know by PM what I find.

Hope this helps you out.

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello Heather_Adams, Please check out Set up and manage your Comcast Business Wireless Gateway ( http://businesshelp.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/setup-manage-comcast-wifi-business-wireless-gateway/ ) for assistance. You can log into the BWG the using the same manner you would for other Comcast Gateways. Hope this helps you out.

New problem solver

• 

24 Messages

9 years ago

What I need to know is how to change the static IP.  For some reason it seems my static IP has changed....  I knew how to do this, but on this gateway all I see is IPv6 IP's.

When I first got comcast static IP I was told my "Gateway" IP was 96.89.208.14 and that my personal static IP was 96.89.208.13.....

But now it is saying that my static IP is the 98.89.208.14..... or on some sites its showing a IPv6 IP.