Skip to content
jblackett's profile

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, January 30th, 2018 12:00 AM

Cisco DPC3941B "Business Wireless Gateway" seems to block all services for Private network

I just got upgraded from the SMC Business Gateway to the 3491B Business Wireless Gateway. Before doing this I had everything working just great. Basically I have a number of servers running on both the Static IPs the router owns (50.x.x.x) and on the private network (10.x.x.x). If I connect a device directly to the gateway either via Ethernet or Wifi then I am able to access the services just fine on both networks. However, because of the size of my house and the need for other services like VPN and Circle I've got an Orbi router plugged in o the 3491B. When I try to access any of the devices on the Static network from the Orbi LAN it all works great. But if I try to access any of the Private network servers I can ping them, but not access any services (usually HTTP or HTTPS) on those devices. I've tried making sure that for troubleshooting purposes the 3491B firewall is completely disabled, but it still doesn't work. Anyone have similar issues? It seems like the 3491B just doesn't want to let me access services. 

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hi jblackett.

I would like to help out with your new gateway. Please private message me your full name, the name of your business, the full service address and the phone number associated with your account.

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

After hours of banging my head against the wall talking to the frontline support I finally managed to get them to replace the Cisco with a Netgear and now everything is good to go. That Cisco is just plain evil.

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Glad you got this addressed. Please let me know if you need anything.