Skip to content
Matt_Merlino's profile

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 12:00 PM

Cisco DPC3939B won't recognise my HP Laserjet

I have an hp color laserjet cp3525 which worked perfectly on my home wireless router. Once the comcast provided Cisco DPC3939B was set up I swapped the ethernet to the printer over to it but it won't even give me a link light. I tested the line and the gateway by connecting my laptop to it, then tested the printer on my old router. everything works separately but the 2 devices don't want to see each other. What am I missing? Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thank,

Matt

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello Matt_Merlino and welcome,

It is neccessary for you to check your CP3525 network configuration to make sure it is not currently pre-programmed to one of your home router's 192.68.XXXX dynamic IP addresses and if it is then change that IP address to 10.1.10.200. Another alternative is for your to configure your Printer's network interface to "always acquire an IP address.  Either one of these option will work so choose whichever is best for you business needs.

Hope this helps you out.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

It was set to obtain IP via DHCP but tried your suggestion and it still doesn't connect. I did notice it had the old router DNS info. I replaced it with what my new gateway has listed (75.75.75.75 and 75.75.76.76). Still no connection. Its a rather odd occorance to me as the gateway and printer should at least see each other even if they don't communicate. I'm not even getting an active status on the gateway's ethernet port (I'm checking via the web console). I tested the gateway with my laptop and the printer with my old router. It's almost as if something is blocking it. btw, I used the same cat5 cable for all my tests.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I am having similar issues with my HP Laserjet that was working fine before the switch to Comcast CISCO DPC3939B gateway.

My Laserjet is connected to a TrendNet TEW-P1PG wireless Parallel Port receiver. 

I have assigned it a RESERVED IP (10.1.10.252) via the Comcast configuration and the Trendnet device to obtain its IP via DHCP. 

but the issue i have is that on my iMac, it does not "see" the available printer. yet, PCs in my office is able to print to it.

So something id going on where the CISCO router is not relaying or bradcasting the  Printer's available service. 

Yet on my previous DSL modem/router, it was fine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Francis