Skip to content
marcor7's profile

• 

1 Message

Thursday, June 12th, 2014 4:00 PM

Cisco DPC 3939B – config as modem?

I am in the process of replacing my Comcast Home internet service with Comcast Business internet service (5 static IPs and a Cisco DPC 3939B Wireless Commercial Gateway.)    My Comcast Home service and my Comcast Business service are both installed and connected to the internet.  I will shut down my Comcast Home service once I have the Comcast Business service configured to work with my network and firewall.

I have a Netgear SRX5308 Firewall configured for firewall/dhcp/forwarding chores and it is connected on the first Wan port to the Comcast Home modem to supply internet connectivity, and all is working well.

I would like to configure the Cisco gateway so that it functioning as a modem, similar to my existing Comcast Home modem - so that I can connect it to one of the Wan ports on my firewall.  Do I need the Cisco gateway to be configured in bridge mode, pass-through mode?  I’m not seeing those options in the Cisco menus – are these Comcast-only configuration options?

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello marcor7 and welcome,

You only need to configure your DPC3939B to simply disable the DHCP server if your are using your Netgear SRX5308 Firewall internal DHCP Server. Do not enable DPC3939B bridge mode because this will not work and put this modem into fanort due to having a 5 block static IP configured and running. Other than this, you should be totally up and running.

Hope this help you out.