Skip to content
HeavyBombers's profile

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, October 29th, 2014 11:00 AM

Chromecast - DPC3939B

Any update on a firmware fix, or other fix, for Chromecast and DPC3939B compatability?

A msg below about hidden home network and WPA or WEP security doesn't seem applicable.

Thank you,

Accepted Solution

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

10 years ago

Hello HeavyBombers,

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you for your follow-up post and offering a solution to this issue.

We appreciate it and look forward to your presence in the forum!

Thank you

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello HeavyBombers and welcome,

Please see this Forum post  for information about being able to connect Chromecast.

Hope this helps you out.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I've read the referenced thread, has anybody other than the OP tested and verified this?

" I choose 2.4Ghz home network which I had hidden/not broadcasting so manually had to type the name of the network in and then WPA or WEP (forgot which one) instead of WPA2 and it connected."

I downgraded our 2.4hgz WiFi security to WPA-PSK (AES), WPA-PSK (TKIP), and WEP (listed as *Risky* by Comcast's own app).

None worked.

Turned off Broadcast Network Name (SSID) and repeated at those individual security levels.

None worked.

New suggestion?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Answering my own question.

One solution would be to setup the DPC3939B as a bridge device to a router that will support Chromecast.  Spend $35 on a cheap router, or wait for a firmware update on the existing Cisco device.

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Since getting connected with Comcast Business in February, I have been having the same issue. No one in tech support can help.  I've spent over 15 hours trying to resolve this issue and bought 3 ChromeCast thinking I got lemons.  Now I read a post from nearly two months ago, there will be an update in firmware to fix this issue.  How many more months until the firmware is updated?  Thinking about going back to ATT.

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I just found something on the cisco webpage, hope you can find and answer to this issue.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/7-6/chromecastDG76/ChromecastDG76.html

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

10 years ago

Hello GenesisGraphics,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for that informational link.

We appreciate your contribution to community!

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am also having this issue and finding the support by comcast to be less than satisfactory. Why are there no clear instructions on which settings should be used? PLEASE PLEASE comcast, just give us some clear instruction!!!