Skip to content
groupsinc's profile

• 

1 Message

Sunday, November 30th, 2014 10:00 PM

Chromecast & Cisco DPC3939B AP Isolation Enforcement

This issue has been around for the longest time and a firmware fix was promised, yet there's no update so far and the thread is locked: 

WE MUST USE CHROMECAST and yet the Comcast modem is locked and we can't get anything done!!!

Comcast must allow us to turn off AP Isolation! That's it. That's all we want. Or if you can't fix it within a few days (it's been months) return us the money we paid for the modem and we'll buy our own.

Please respond. This is really hurting our business!

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Yeah we need it too but apparently comcast will never allow it

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

10 years ago

Just as a workaround, what you folks could do is purchase a standalone wireless access point that DOES support isolation, configure/connect it to the DPC's LAN, and then disable the DPC's buitlin WiFi. Not really "solving" the issue directly on the DPC, but this would at least get you going.

New problem solver

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I agree, this is entirely ridiculous! This is a 5 minute fix, which most of us could do ourselves, but comcast wants to refuse access to AP Isolation. I've called several times a week since having the service installed in september and teir 2 doesnt seem to ever want to call me back.

All we need is AP Isolation turned off!! We're really not asking too much!

The residential router comcast provides worked just fine!

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Did you ever figure out how to use the Chromecast?